You can get some heavy thinking on how to name the characters in your book. This kind of attention might be warranted for the main characters, but depending on the story there could be quite a cast list, and an author could let herself get bogged down trying to name everyone who needs one.
Facebook to the rescue: here’s a quiz someone e-mailed me, with my answers. Keep reading to see if any of them make it into a fictional universe near you!
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Kitty Protege
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Jamocha Loafer
3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Blue Monkey
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Marie Ft. Benning
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Gam-an
6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Green Tea
7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Billy Chick
8. STRIPPER NAME (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Chanel Reese
9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Allen Angeles
10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Winter Delphinium
11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Raspberry Socks
12. HIPPIE NAME (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Mu Shu Yew
There’s another random name generator on Facebook that has been inspirational, but you have to have an account to use it.